Custom Length Commercial Grade String Light Cord, No Plug (medium/E26 base)
- Custom orders typically ship in 1-2 weeks. If your order is time sensitive, contact us for current availability.
Customizable lengths of this commercial grade string light cord make it perfect for fitting any space you need! Get any length, or multiple lengths, up to 330 feet of outdoor string lighting to be enjoyed year round! See below for complete product specifications (specifically 14AWG vs. 16AWG).
Note: Longest single length is 165 sockets (330 feet). For single or mutliple lengths totalling close to this, consider a full 330 foot Bulk Reel.
Custom orders typically ship in 1-2 weeks. If your order is time sensitive, contact us for current availability.
*The key differences between the two cord options is the 14AWG cord allows you to run longer lengths, and it has a bit heavier duty wiring. The benefit to the 16AWG cord is it's robust enough for commercial use but light enough for easy installation (about 1/2 the weight of the 14AWG wire). Both cords provide heavy-duty construction and weather resistant sockets.
- SOCKET SIZE: Medium / E26 base
- SOCKET SPACING: 24 inches
- LEAD/TAIL WIRE: 12 in. / 12 in.
- 14AWG SJTW 2-wire
- 16AWG SPT 2-wire
- CONNECTION: No plugs
- MAXIMUM RUN:
- 14AWG - 1800 watts
- 16AWG - 1200 watts
- MAX WATTAGE PER SOCKET: Up to 25 watt bulbs
- 14AWG - RoHS compliant & IP64 Rating
- 16AWG - ETL certified wire
- Custom cut orders are nonreturnable and nonrefundable.
- Bulbs sold separately
- These cords are sold by the socket. To calculate quantity needed, divide length (feet) by 2 (see examples on Footage Calculator tab above).
- Longest single length available is 330 feet (165 sockets).
- Longer lead or tail wire not available. There is 1 foot of wire at each end of the strand.
- Custom cuts DO NOT come with a plug. They are intended to be hard-wired to a power source or have an electrician install a plug.
- Cut ends must be sealed with an end cap secured with liquid tape or heat-sealed to ensure proper seal to preclude entrance of water.
- For indoor or outdoor use. Suitable for permanent outdoor installation.
- High quality PVC sockets form a snug, weather‐resistant seal around the bulb. You must keep a bulb in every socket to maintain weatherproof quality.
- For IP64 rating, any cut ends must be sealed with an end cap and/or electrical tape (ensure proper seal to preclude entrance of water).
- Install with sockets facing downward.
- For spans longer than 20 feet, use a steel cable guide wire.
- Socket has two mounting ears on each side of the base. For long-term reliability and easier installation, we suggest zip ties on each side of the socket. Read more about How to Hang Outdoor String Lights.
- Technical Installation Instructions
PartyLights.com and it's customer service team are not electricians, and we do not do installations. We are able to provide suggestions and guidance based on our years of selling decorative string lights and working with a wide variety of clients. We do know the technical specifications of our string lights, but consult with an electrician for technical installation questions.
ORDERING CUSTOM LENGTH CORDS
Below is the formula to figure out the quantity of sockets to order for the length you need (in feet). Once you have added the TOTAL number of sockets needed in the shopping cart, indicate the details of the strand(s) you need in special instructions box above. See examples below.
Total length needed ÷ 2 = Quantity of sockets to order*
|Feet Needed||Sockets to Order||Price|
ORDERING MULTIPLE STRANDS?
Add the TOTAL number of sockets needed in the shopping cart, then indicate in the instructions box above the details of each strand length needed. See examples below.
|Sockets Ordered||Details in Special Instructions||Yields|
|60||1 strand=20 sockets; 1 strand=40 sockets||One 40 ft strand and one 80 ft strand|
|250||1 strand=50 sockets; 2 strands=100 sockets each||One 100 ft. strand and two 200 ft. strands|
*If your answer is not a whole number, round up to the nearest whole number. For example: If you need 53 feet of lights, you would order 27 sockets (53÷2=26.5, round up to 27)
Max Wattage per Socket: